Thursday 18 July 2013

Week 4: Pizza overload?

No
It's not actually possible to have too much pizza.  I would know.  I've tried.
I managed to have pizza 4 times over the past week and I would do it again if people would let me.
My friend Steve arrived from Canada on Thursday and the schedule called for pizza, so pizza was had.  We went back to one of my favourite places on Via Germanico L"Archetto and had a four cheese pizza.  Steve had a salmon pizza which he loved as well.  So far L"Archetto has the best four cheese pizza that I've found.
Pizzeria L'Archetto di Puglia Pietro e Cicchetti Favio Snc.  
Via Germanico 105
Four cheese pizza
Price: ~9  8/10
Service 8/10
Taste 9
Overall - 8.5
A bit thin crust and the edges are often burnt slightly but still amazing.  I wouldn't argue if they were slightly larger as well but that's just being a bit picky.

Our fearless opponents
Friday was a trip to Talamone in Tuscany for camping and swimming and exploring.  It was a great time with a group of 9 of us.  We managed to go cliff (small cliffs) jumping, swimming, snorkling, biking, life size chess playing, ping pong, and listening to certain people talk all night and play card games so that we couldn't sleep.  Not an easy place to get to the first time.  It also happens to be the place where the Costa Concordia sank.
Unfortunately the place was all booked up for dinner.  The staff were kind enough to seat us late but they only had pizza left.  I was naturally devastated but didn't complain once and ate the whole pizza (and some of other peoples').  Pizza was unsurprisingly not of great quality but considering it was at a camp ground it was still pretty good.

Talamone camp ground
Tomato mozzarella, rocket (arugula) and zucchini
Price ~9   8/10
Service 7/10 but they did serve us which was great
Taste 6.5/10
Overall 7/10
Much better than the meal the second day.


On Saturday we went exploring in Talamone beach (where the opening scene to James Bond Quantum of Solace was filmed).  We didn't see any Etrusian or Etruscan ruins but there was a 12th century castle and beautiful scenery and swimming.  Again my detractors were foiled by a restaurant being closed and thus we were forced to eat pizza again in the town piazza.  They had terrible Aperol spritz but the pizza was still pretty good.  The original pizza wife obviously is jealous of my pizza fame and wanted to join the blog.
Piazza IV Novembre 1
4 cheese pizza
Price ~10   7/10
Service 8/10
Taste 7.5/10
Overall 7.5/10
Worth going again and a nice ambiance

Sunday was the trip back to Rome and since we were all very tired, I was able to convince Steve and pizza wife #1 that going across the street for pizza was the best option for all of us.  Naturally I was correct and it was great and very satisfying although Steve found out that pouring Coke into a full glass of water makes both not taste very good.
Pizzeria Hostaria Vongole e Farina
Via Della Cave Aurelia  
Four cheese pizza
Price 7  9/10
Service 7.5/10
Taste 8.5
Overall 8.5
I'm going to miss this place when we move to Monti.  However I have found 5 pizza places within a couple hundred metres of our house so I will have a lot of work to do once we arrive.

Sorry for the delay.  I still have 2 more saved up for this next week - Monday and Wednesday and I didn't do an old one, but 4 reviews is still a lot in a week.

Happy pizzaing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment