Wednesday 7 August 2013

Catching up

So I think after this post I will be caught up (minus the pizzas from before this blog started, but I'll try to slowly address them eventually).

This post includes Venice, Trastevere, takeaway, old favourites and a guest post from Steve. 

First up is Marlin, Ristorante - Pizzeria on Fond. Dei Vetrani on Murano island in Venice.  Basically everything is overpriced and of not good quality in Venice.  Although I loved the city and island, I can understand why so many residents are moving away and the city is turning into a living museum.  The prices and quality are certainly reminiscent of museums
Cost ~10  - 6/10
Service 6.5/10
Taste 6/10
Overall 6/10


Next up is Pizzeria Popi Popi in Trastevere in Rome on Via della Fratee di Trastevere.  This was in celebration of Steve's final night in Rome after two weeks and fortunately enough we decided on going for pizza.  It was unsurprisingly very much worth it. This place has its own area in the middle of a piazza that is sectioned off which gives lots of room and great views for watching all the people walk by.  

Pizzeria Popi Popi
Cost ~9 - 8/10
Service 6/10  - it was impossible to get the bill
Taste 8.5/10
Overall 8/10


Below is a guest entry from Steve in honour of his visit as he graciously accompanied me on all my pizza outings during his two weeks, always suggested getting pizza and was great about asking whether anything was vegetarian for me.  We got to taste some amazing and bad pizzas and to see some amazing cities and locations.
Smoked Salmon pizza
8/10

 Here we are back to my tried and tested pizzas at Hosteria Pizzeria Forno a Legna on Via della Cava Aurelia across the street from our house.  As we will be moving tomorrow and over the weekend I will really miss this place.  I have checked however and there is a direct bus between my new and old place so it will be easy to go back when I need to.
Four cheese pizza split with a bruschetta type pizza thanks to pizza wife #1 who may not be the most enthusiastic but does stick with me and put up with all my pizzaing.
Cost ~ 8 - 9/10
Service 8.5/10  Not much service but quick and easy
Taste 9/10
Overall 9/10

Surprise surprise I'm back at Pizzeria L'Archetto again.  But as it is close to pizza wife's work and it is amazing, I'm never going to complain.  And this time was arguably the best pizza they've produced.  Often it can be a bit thin and sometimes burned, but this time it seemed thicker and none of the crust was burnt.  I was tempted to order another for dessert.  Very tempted.
#1 four cheese pizza in Rome so far
Cost ~9  - 8/10
Service 9/10 
Pretty quick and came over to add an extra table to our group which was already at 12 or so people
Taste 9.5
Overall 9.5

Getting closer to perfecting or finding the best pizza out there.  This week I move to Monti and have a whole new neighbourhood to explore.  

I'm always up for suggestions for the blog and new places to eat so feel free to contact me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment